Sunday, June 24, 2012

Busy, Busy

The new studio!
Wow, time has just flown by!  Things have been extremely busy here at Skein and the new studio has been getting a good workout.  We are still in the process of setting up the studio/office space, its a lot smaller than the warehouse so we have been trying to come up with space saving solutions. 


We bought a bookcase to store the dyed yarns and just the other day purchased a large industrial shelving unit which will store the ten or so creates of our undyed yarns.  Things are starting to look a little more organised, although we still have quite a bit more to do.

In knitting news, I was absolutely thrilled to see Skein make an appearance in Veera Välimäki's new eBook 'Modern Times'

Shift of Focus - Photo taken from Modern Times
I got quite a nice and unexpected surprise when I was browsing through my copy and noticed my yarn, Merino Silk Sport, was used for the"Shift of Focus" design.  I love all of the designs in this eBook and decided to cast on for 'Downtown Block'.

Downtown Block - Photo taken from Modern Times
I've used Skein Super DK in Rouge, my wardrobe is seriously lacking in red so this will be a very welcome addition.






3 comments:

My Five Sons said...

One word..YUM!!

Beachbelle said...

I love the Veera Valimaki design Shift of Focus and have actually ordered some more Skyline specifcally for this.

But I'm not sure if you're also aware that Stephen West is also promoting Skein as an alternative for his new Mystery KAL - see
http://www.ravelry.com/discuss/westknits-mystery-shawl-kal-2012/2189069/1-25#22

Congratulations!

Excavation Contractors Medford said...

Greeat reading your blog