Thursday, February 10, 2011

Winter knits...

Currently on my needles...


Daybreak (by Stephen West).  I'm using Merino/Cashmere Fingering in colourways Fig (seen in the purple) and Make Hay While the Sun Shines, sure to add a bit of colour and much needed warmth to my winter wardrobe.  Its such a fun shawl to knit, I love watching the various colours emerge from the yarn, the contrasting stripes and the slipped stitch columns, I just want to keep knitting and knitting.  I even love the look of the purl bumps on the opposite side.

  

Planning to cast on...


....Leaf Lace Scarf by Cayli Harris (photo also by Cayli Harris, pattern is a free Ravelry download).  I can see this looking great in a chunky warm yarn so I've decided to try knitting this pattern using a much thicker yarn than the suggested lace, maybe DK or even a soft, cosy worsted, I will have to do some experimenting and report back soon.

Some inspiration....



A little while ago I was in Kinokuniya looking through the Japanese knitting book section when this wonderful design caught my eye.  Its from the winter Keito Dama No.148.  The style is not something I would see myself wearing, but what I really love is the combination of the stripes and colourwork...mmmm maybe if it I could somehow structure it into a fitted cardigan???

Something to ponder.





2 comments:

Suvi said...

I think it will look gorgeous in thicker yarn!

Anonymous said...

I love the colours in your Daybreak, it'll be such a cheerful shawl to break up the greyness of winter!